Paralegal: Kristina McKim
Patrick is a third-generation attorney, who has lived in Colorado all his life. Married in 2001, Patrick and his wife have four children. While balancing his family and law practice, he enjoys dedicating to both his fullest commitment and abundant energy.
He provides comprehensive representation for individuals and entities in civil lawsuits and administrative proceedings. In addition to performing excellent trial and appellate work, he has successfully prosecuted ERISA administrative appeals. He has been an active member of the Interprofessional Committee of the Colorado Bar Association. He is licensed to practice law in Colorado and Wyoming, and his practice includes extensive litigation in both state and federal court, including admission to the United States District Court for the Districts of Colorado and Wyoming and the Tenth Circuit.
Patrick earned his J.D. from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, and while there published an article with J. Soma and J. Hurd in the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy.
- Civil Law and litigation involving individuals, businesses, and municipalities
- Professional Malpractice Defense and Licensing
- Personal Injury, including under the Colorado Governmental Immunity Act
- Claims brought under the Constitution of the United States against individuals and municipalities
- Mass Torts and Catastrophic Claims
- J.D. University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2007
- B.S. Colorado State University, 1999
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
- United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional associations and memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Health Law Section
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- “Spam Still Pays : The failure of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and Proposed Legal Solutions”, with J. Soma and J. Hurd, in the Harvard Journal on Legislation, 2007
- Driverless Cars: What Could Go Wrong? Keynote Presenter, Litigation Conference 2018
- Health Care Reform: How much do you really know?, Faculty Presenter, 2011
- Email & the Fourth Amendment, University of Denver Sturm College of Law Award of Academic Excellence, 2005